"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Fat Be Gone

Guys, I LOVE the fitness part of my life.  Everyday brings a new challenge.  Through it I have maintained a healthy lifestyle.  I practice clean eating, I say practice because yes, each day begins a new chapter.  There are times I run out of particular foods- as I only grocery shop once a month- so I have to make do with what I have.  No, I don't compete, so I never feel that tug of an quickly looming deadline.  Yes, I have had many injuries to deal with and work through.  Still trying to "fix" the two bulging disks in my neck.  In fact, my chiro told me yesterday that he was about to have to cut me loose because my insurance will not pay anymore.  I had to fire my PT last week because of some disagreement.  So I have hired a new Chiro which I start with today for traction.  I am trying to remain positive, but after 18ish chiro apts, I am no better than when I started.  No closer to being able to do a back, chest, or shoulder workout any time soon. 

Blah, blah, blah.....on a much cooler note, I went to have my hearing checked last week-nothing seriously wrong THANK YOU JESUS!- they took my blood pressure and heart rate.  My blood pressure was like 100/50 and my heart rate was 56 BABY!!!!!!!  I told Harley and he said "You don't even do cardio".  Heehe  most of you guys know what that means.  Go momma!  Go momma! 

OK to the point, I have SET A GOAL!  I can not count the times I have changed my diet, changed my training methods, changed/or added cardio, etc....  with no Goal in mind.  Harley says I have workout ADD.  It's true!  I LOVE to do it all and do it all at the same time.  I get bored easily, so I am constantly changing something up.  Since I have not had a goal that is cool, I could do that, but now FINALLY I have set a goal(s). 

I want to get to 15% body fat and maintain it year round.  So, I had Harley measure my bf Tuesday, I thought I would measure about 23-25%.  Yea, NO!  I was a whopping 29%.  WTH!!!  On any given Sunday I have oblique definition.  Well once again, thank you genetics for the thick legs I posses because the majority of my fat is in my legs.  Whats that you say?  Yes, YOU GOT TO GO!  Operation Fat Be Gone is officially underway.  :)  Measurements were taken this morning, meal plan designed, HIIT added to my schedule, I am ready.  My thought is to post once a week my updates, such as weight, measurements, bf measurement, etc...along with an occasional pic to keep me accountable. 

Thank for motivating me to finally set a goal.  You guys are an inspiration to me more than you will ever know! 

 <3 ya!
Crystal



2 comments:

  1. You got this - you're a fighter!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! I love the eye candy here ;) as well as the goals! I don't even want to know what my body fat is right now...

    ReplyDelete