"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Source of HApPiNesS

Quick update then down to the matter at hand.....I am finally getting over the sickies enough to really get into my workouts again.  Guys, this CRAP has held on going on 3 weeks.  I HAVE NEVER BEEN SICK LIKE THIS EVER!  Diet is coming back around too.  I actually ordered one of Pauline Nordine"s Fighter books, which I am waiting very impatiently to get (been a week and still have not gotten it yet)  In this world of Amazon I guess I have gotten spoiled to next day delivery on everything.  So, long and short of it is, I need to shed some excess weight in order to be a happier person in my clothes and I guess eventually I will settle back down and get it done.

Enough of that already!  Today I want to RaNT a little bit about something that has been on my mind.  HaPpINesS!!  So few people seem to have it anymore.  No one is happy with their life, their job, their family, their path, etc...  It seems like Negative Nellys are running rampant lately.  The bad part is they try to spread their ugliness to everyone they come in contact with and it makes me want to scream.  For those of you who don't know, I am a fixer.  Simply, if you tell me a problem, I want to fix it.  Some say that is wrong, but I always think of how I feel.  If I come to you with a problem, I want you to try to help me fix it.  I do not understand fussing about something with no intention to fix it or try to make the situation better in some way. 

Here is what I have realized very late in life, 36 years old.  You need a hobby, a passion, something that you enjoy doing above all else.  You need to find time to do that whatever that is.  The majority of us are not wealthy enough to just say "screw it" to our jobs, so those are a must.  I know everyone reading this is going to think my life's passion is working out.....Well here is how I view that; working out is a MUST for me.  Gosh, that does not sound strong enough.  Working out is not an option.  It has to be done in my mind.  A hobby or a passion is something you can opt to do or not to do and working out does not fit into that category. 

No, for me, my passion is gardening and refinishing furniture.  These two I could get through life never ever doing again, but my life would seem bland and boring.  I would not have that giddy excitement I feel when thinking of my next project or the pride I feel getting it done.  I would become a Negative Nelly or an old bitter woman. 

Guys, life is what you make it.  Get out and find what excites you.  Then go do it!  Don't wait for life to happen to you.  You control your HaPpiNeSS!  Stop letting others rob you of your most precious commodity, TIME!  Stop letting them take that from you by rubbing their life resentment on you and you dwelling on that for the next couple of hours or worse days.  Decide today you are going to make you the best you you can be.  Life really is WAY to short for any of our time to be wasted on anything other than what makes us happy, passionate, and on fire!





1 comment:

  1. last year March I wrote a blog post on the pursuit of happiness. Its such a personal goal and youre right its hard to find. But I think we are on the path there no? PS I have a Giveaway happening, I hope you’ll stop by to enter. Knock Your Socks Off Giveaway

    ReplyDelete