"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, February 1, 2013

Advise

This week I have had a few people contact me asking for advise about exercise mostly, and for some recipes.  Since I have been such a busy blogger, NOT, I thought I would share what I told those ladies.  Keep in mind this is bits and pieces pasted here:

If you do just cardio and clean up your diet, you will lose weight.  You are going from being non active and eating whatever to that, so of course your body will drop a few pounds. 

See cardio will help you drop the pounds, but will not do very much to change the “shape” of your body.  So eventually with enough cardio alone you will become “skinny fat”.

While you burn calories doing cardio, your body doesn’t continue to burn after you get off the machine for very long.  Weight training will cause your body to stay in burn mode for a much longer rate of time after you have finished your workout, therefore burning more over a period of time by keeping your metabolism fired up. 

You need to look at your schedule, figure out how much “me” time you can carve out daily, and plan your workouts out.

If you make it a priority you will find a way, if not you will find an excuse, it’s just that simple.  

 I am so glad you decided to start working out.  It will change your life in a positive way. 

I always advise people to pull up videos on YouTube.  Just getting started I would do a search for “lower body workout” and “upper body workout”.

Exercises that require no equipment:
Body weight squats
Lunges (stationary or walking)
Push-ups
Crunches
Burpee (if you don’t know look up on YouTube)
High knees
Butt kicks
Wall squats
Plank

Grill chicken casadilla...  Carb smart tortilla, slice grilled chicken, put on one half of tortilla after sprinkling shredded cheese on tortilla.  Fold in half put on George Foreman and heat till cheese is all melted.

For your diet I suggest you check out eatcleandiet.com

Maybe this will help some others who are just starting out.

Later Ladies!




1 comment: