"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, December 28, 2012

Where Did I Finish On My 2012 Goals

Here were my 2012 goals:  How I finished is in red

  • Drop and keep weight at or below 145lbs   No, in fact I am about 10lbs heavier than that, but I am good with it as I know I have added alot more muscle this year.
  • Pull ups unassisted for 8  No, not there yet either.  I can do 3-4 unassisted, still working on this one. 
  • Bench press 100lbs for 5 Finally a Yes, I can bench 100 for reps.
  • Consistent diet, allowing cheats that are either planned or holidays Yes, I have had times off my diet, but this year has been pretty consistently healthy even with no show prep or other pending deadlines.  Can always be better though.
  • Increase cardio Yea.....No.  This has not been a cardio year for me.  Seriously fell off this wagon and honestly don't see me jumping back on any time soon.
  • Yoga at least 1 day a week It did not happen till December, but hey it still counts.  I have set up a "Hot Date" with Harley for Sunday mornings to do a yoga session.  We both really need this.
  • Spin at least 1 day a week Guys, I even own a spin bike......no excuses, well other than I get "monkey butt" every time I use it and walk funny for a day or two afterwards.  :)  The bike is going to Harley's this very weekend!
  • Crossfit at least 1 day a week Yes ma'am!  I am playing with this again and love/hating it all over!
  • Olympic style lifts (incorporate at least one in every weight training workout) Isn't that what they do in Crossfit!?  Heehe, so Yep an big ole check mark here too.
  • Run a 5K and a 10K  Last but not least, WT HECK was I thinking!  I AM NOT A RUNNER, will run for food, but not much else. 

  • 6 out of 10!  Not to shabby........

    Now here is where you expect me to make a new goal list for 2013......yea, your gonna have to wait.  I am going to give it more thought.  The easy answer is I want to be in the BEST shape of my life, but the question is how do I define that.  I will get back to you.....

    All of you have a GREAT NEW YEAR!  I believe all of us can make this a year of positive change and should. 

    2 comments:

    1. I love that you said you get "monkey butt" from spinning...lol!

      T.

      ReplyDelete
    2. YAY for hot yoga!!!

      Okay, I seriously haven't done a LICK of cardio in my off season. I just can't seem to get up the ambition for it. Nope.

      ReplyDelete