"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, December 14, 2012

This is the Week

With all good intentions, I started this week off thinking "this is the week".  You know that week we all think about, the week we are going to be SuperMom to our kids, WonderWoman in the gym, and Betty Crocker in the kitchen.  All great intention...Then LIFE rears it's sometimes ugly  challenging head.  I thought about discussing my week form Hades, then thought better of it and decided it would be best to share something I found.....I will tell you this, this week got so bad and I hit a bottom that I was looking for "self help", "motivation", ANYTHING to help me turn it all around.  I am not there yet, but maybe someone out there needs to read some of these things that struck a cord for me.

I am not going to list the entire quote, but just the few that strikes close to home for me:

What I've Learned
(Author Unknown)

I've learned that no matter how hard you try to protect your children, they will eventually get hurt and you will hurt in the process.

I've learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there better be something else to take its place.

I've learned that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I've learned that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I've learned that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

I've learned that maturity has more to do with what type of experiences you have had and what you have learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I've learned that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.  Sometimes you are to learn to forgive yourself.

I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I've learned that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I've learned that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I've learned that just because two people argue, it does not mean they don't love each other AND just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.


Here's for a restart button!  That is what makes the human race so special, we can choose to change.  We can fall and choose to get back up and begin again.  We CAN!



1 comment: