"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Shoulders

Tuesday I, being a day behind, did shoulders.  Since my shoulder workout "looked light" I decided to add a smidgen of chest to it.  Yea, I know generally you would do chest before shoulders, but I care more about getting the most workout I can for my shoulders vs chest right now, so shoulders were trained 1st.

Up & Overs 5 X 10
Ultra Wide Grip SM Shoulder Press 4 X 10
BB Shoulder Press 4 X 10
(Looks painless enough, right?)
Peck Deck 4 X 10
Inc. BB Press 3 X 8
(See smidgen of chest)

Should have been no problems!  Yep, that's what I thought too.  Looked perfectly harmless enough. 
YEA RIGHT!!!!!
My "freaking" shoulders have NEVER been this sore!  WT!!!!  Mountain DOG is a cruel-cruel lil man!


Let me whine a bit......it hurts to cross my arms in front of my chest, because this feels like the back of my shoulders are about to split in to, it hurts to even think about raising my arms above my head, yea picture how do you blow dry fairly long hair without raising your arms, it hurts to put on or take off a shirt!  Geez, this workout looked like a cake walk!!!  Guys I normally do a minimum of 15 sets for shoulders!  This was a measly 13 sets!!

OK I will quit crying now....or at least that is what I will tell you! 

Sincerely in pain,
Crystal

5 comments:

  1. What are "up & overs"?? I'm still trying to build Dwight Howard shoulders and am always looking for new shoulder exercises!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up & Overs: Take a BB and put it on your shoulders same as you would for a squat starting position. Raise it up just enough to barely clear you head and bring it down the front of your face to the front of your shoulders, then raise again to barely clear your face and the top of your head to the starting position. This delivers an incredible pump. (It is my new fav shoulder exercise)

      Delete
  2. youre making em want to do shoulders and chest even though its leg day! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh!!i have never done up and overs....cant wait to try it!!!!
    and i do hope you will be able to het your hair dry tomorrow,can totally relate!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a tough workout! I always do shoulders before chest because that's what I really want to focus on bringing up!

    ReplyDelete