"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, October 25, 2012

And Its Time To Make Yet Another Change

Yep, No, let me rephrase, Wow, I have been carb cycling for 7 full weeks now.  It really does not feel like it has been that long.  As you guys know I am not a weigh-er....meaning I do not obsessively weigh myself each and every day; I am a measure-er.  I measure myself every Thursday morning to see what improvements or not I have made, not made.  For the last couple of weeks, I have known I need to pull the trigger and do something different (meaning I was not dropping in inches like I wanted to see), but wasn't quite ready to do it yet.  To keep this short and more to the point here is my split:
             workout      carb cycle
Mon      Shoulders    Low
Tues      Legs            Low
Wed      Chest/Back Mid
Thurs     Arms          Mid
Fri         Off              Low  
Sat        My cardio     Mid
Sun     Run/walk cardio Refeed

Sometimes I change up my split, or my carb days, or sometimes I may take Sunday off.  Just depends on what all is going on schedule wise, etc...But the workouts always get in and the # of low, mid, and refeed days stay the same.

So, where am I going from here?  As you can see I have avoided cardio as much as I possibly can, as I am no fan.  Well, those days are over.......but still true to myself I am going to add it in on a very limited basis in hopes of making the most gain possible with the least amount of cardio.

I will add in 10 min of cardio (HIIT style) after each weight session, that will give me 40 extra minutes of cardio a week.  Of course after a week, if that is still not enough I will add more.  :(  Boo Hoo...

Yea, yea, I know the rules...........
  1. Workout regularly
  2. Clean up your diet
  3. Add cardio
If results are not where you want them, start over at #1 and work down the list again (wash, rinse, and repeat, you know the drill).  This cycle can take a couple/few times to get right.  Once all is as tight as you can make it and you still want to lose more inches add in a thermo, I only suggest a thermo once ALL of the above can not be perfected anymore.  (I am not there yet- and I probably will not- just my personal choice)

I really want a shirt that says this!  heehe

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the amazing work lady! You're a true inspiration. Can't wait until my schedule allows me to start this cycle. Ps I want a shirt that says that as well. We should make that happen. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that shirt too!!! Wonder where we can get one....??

    T.

    ReplyDelete