"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just a brief update

Lately, I have been having a hard time wanting to blog.  It is still very addictive to keep up with you guys, as I read your blogs and comment where I can.  You all really inspire me to keep pushing and I am so thankful for all of those I follow posting their real life struggles with this lifestyle.  As you all know, it is pretty normal to look in the magazines and think how easy it is for those ladies to look like that year round, but only those who really try that lifestyle knows it is anything but easy. 

Life comes at all of us, our schedules are forced to change, our kids have certain needs, our job provides added stress, those around us are negative nellies, some days it is very tough, to say the least.  As I whinned   gave Harley my update last night over the phone of my full 1st week of carb cycling, he simply told me to keep going.  That's it!  It's just that simple.  My legs may never "come in" as I would like to see.   Therefore having my lower body and upper body look like they are on the same body, but I have no choice but to simply keep going.  I can feel a change, strange how you "feel" it, but don't necessarily "see" it.  Well actually that parts sucks, but again, you keep going.  We all keep going, hoping knowing the change will happen.  It has to.

So for the around the world of what's going on in my life I am back to carb cycling.  Not eating healthy/clean or preparing meals that look delicious, but healthy.  Pure 100% carb cycle no cheats what so ever.  It has been a rough week, today starts day 8.  I have yet to have a high carb day as I started on a Thursday and will only do my high carb day on Sunday and did not want to have a high carb day for that 1st week.  So needless to say, I am soooooo looooooking forward to it.

On a positive note, I also told Harley I didn't remember the cycle being this hard the last time I did it this strict, that I am literally starving round the clock.  I can eat and 15-30 minutes later I am starving!  It wasn't that bad the last time, I got at least an hour or so before I felt like gnawing my arm off.  Harley told me it is because I have alot more muscle this time around than I did then (1 year and 5 months ago).  This is what is keeping me going!  :)

Here is a steal from pfitblog.com.  I only recently started following her. 


So again, thank you all who have posted your struggles over the last couple of weeks.  It does help to hear how you are dealing with it.

I leave you guys with words of wisdom from our reigning Mr. O as Harley talked with him at the Louisiana State Show........
"Winners do what losers won't"


Forgive the poor picture quality.  It's the only one the guys got for me.
 

2 comments:

  1. You can keep going - I know you can!! You are driven, determined, and motivated!

    *supporting you in AZ!*

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog with words of encouragement, it means the world to me.
    I'm here for you as well. Sounds like you are having a good time with the carb cycling. Take each day as a new one, you sooooo got this!!

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete