"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, September 21, 2012

Conversation with George Straight

Yesterday I had a wonderful conversation with a very unexpected gentleman.  This is someone I have known on a professional basis for several years.  He stops by my office occasionally as he needs our services and chats.  He is very George Straight-ish, for those of you who don't know who George Straight is, well to me he is a very classic good looking cowboy who happens to be a country music singer.  This guy is almost a ringer for George.  Tall, classic, simple good looks, very country boyish, perfect gentleman, and to get more to the point slender build-one of those who has never had a weight problem or ever worked out a day in his life.  Hard work is his workout.  Well he is getting very close to 50 and wants to keep up his body and get leaner (his words).  So here I am in my office talking to him about all sorts of exercises he can add to what he has already started doing at home and the importance of working opposing muscles and making sure not to leave out a muscle group for overall symmetry.  We talk about mostly upper body and I look at him and ask what are you doing for your legs, fully expecting him to say nothing.....well surprise, surprise, he is doing lunges and squats already.  So to take it one step further I asked about his calf work- he was very quick to tell me his calves are rather large for his body frame and he doesn't need any calf work because he already thinks they are too big for his body.  (Seriously think of George Straight looking at you and telling you that as he pulls his jeans tight over his calves to prove the point, wearing boots and all)  :)-  Wow!  Never saw that one coming, I tell you the whole conversation was a HUGE pleasant surprise and one I greatly enjoyed.  It is so nice to see people you would never expect get their fitness on and ask for advice.  It is a true joy of mine to help in any way I can. 



Unexpected makes for the best surprises!

2 comments:

  1. George Strait in Pure Country = deliciousness!!!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love George Strait!!! That must have been awesome to be chatting with his "clone"!!! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete