"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, February 6, 2012

Decision time

For the last few months or so, I have been lifting more with an intent to add muscle.  Then I found the Y3T 12 week workout in Flex mag and I will be starting week 6 today.  My dilemma is that I feel like I want to be cutting now.  Not anything my head is telling me, but my body.  (I still have 7 more weeks of a bulking workout to do)  I am torn between continuing to eat more and therefore be able to lift heavier, or start back with some cardio and cutting my diet down therefore possibly forgoing any more muscle size I might have been able to put on...........UGH!! 
I had hoped for it to just 'hit" me as I typed this, but NOPE still clueless as to what I should do.  I have noticed some nice changes and had hoped to continue to see some more before cutting.
 
OK after pulling out the handy calendar.....it looks like I could continue to keep my diet up till March 26th, maybe add in 3 days of cardio a week, and continue my heavy lifting.  Then once I am done with my 12 week cycle, I could add another cardio or two and start cutting my diet back slowly till I get the look I am after. 

I think I might have a winner!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment