"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, January 20, 2012

Feeling a need to catch up

OK well we will blame my sister. There sounds good to me. She is the reason for my MIA behavior. Naw, just trying to "kill it" this year at work, so not much time for any extras. Although I have been trying to keep up on Facebook a bit more, you can find me under Crystal Holden. Since I am taking on a few mud runs this year I have decided to pack on a few pounds, hopefully of muscle and nothing else, but we all know how that goes. To get the catch up done, I am working out 6 days a week. I have 5 heavy lift days, an extreme cardio day, and a hike/run day. My diet is clean. Portions might be a bit big at times, but that's how we add the muscle with the heavy lifting. If I cheat it is maybe once a week if that. I have been doing the 6 week program posted in the latest Flex mag. I am finishing up week three and guys my strength is much improved. Wish I had the link to post, but I don't. Each evening I am also doing some "extras" to help prepare me for my mud runs. I am doing 80 crunches, 10 burpees, 20 push ups, 1 min front plank, and 45 sec side planks, and 20 hip thrusts. Burpees are ABSOLUTELY the worst exercise ever closely followed by plank and push ups! :)


This is a steal I think from Ms Kelly O from way back, but it definitely is what I am shooting for, but like my sister told me, with a little more muscle. (As if that stuff comes easy, I love you sis!)

1 comment: