"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, April 26, 2013

Cinnamon Chicken Waldorf Salad

This is a recipe I pulled off of Bonnie Pfiester's site, pFIT.  I have adapted her version to better fit me and my taste buds and posted a picture yesterday on fb.  So for those of you looking to change up your chicken yet again, here ya go:
Sprinkle a healthy coating of cinnamon on 6-8 chicken breasts and bake
In one bowl dice up 2 medium apples
and pour 2 tbs of lemon juice over them
Once chicken is done, cut it into cubes and add in the 2 diced apples, along with 1/3 cup of craisins, 1/2 cup of diced onions (I have used and not used onions, this recipe is great either way, I do suggest purple onions though), and 1/3 cup chopped nuts (I used cashews on this last batch and they were a great surprise in taste).
In another bowl mix together 1/2 cup of low fat Hellman's Mayo, 1/2 cup Chobani greek yogurt, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar, and 1 tbs stevia, salt to taste.
Once you have the last mixture a creamy texture, poor over chicken combo and mix together well.


DE-Lish!  Lots of flavor!


OK so I have been seeing a Chiro and PT for a month now and there have been some improvements, but not enough yet.  During this month, I have not touched a DB or BB nor done ANY upper body workouts what-so-ever.  I decided I wanted to give my body time to heal, (2 bulging disks in my neck + other spinal issues) so I have pounded lower body in any fashion I possibly could.  All that changes starting today (see you can make changes during the week, not everything has to wait for Monday-today is the day) I have been given the go ahead to do Deads, rows, and arm work.  Oh Geez, I am so excited to get in the gym this evening!!!  Still no shoulder work, no chest, and no lat pulldowns or any movement there in like, but that is cool.  I have enough to play with, I will be content for a while longer.  :)
Here is a pic I shot of my back this morning.  I wanted to document where I am starting again.

I can not wait!! 


Life is good!  Take care and have a great weekend you guys!

Crystal
 






No comments:

Post a Comment