"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Brief catch up in pics



I have two bulging disks in my neck.  No worries, both PT and Chiro say no weights, but I refuse to stop.  I told them both to fix me so I can get back to what I love, so for now, no upper body weights for 2 weeks.  Then I will decide from there.  Hey my legs need all the work they can get!  :)

My oldest baby is finishing up her last ball season.  :(  I thought I would be happy about this after all the years of so many games, but the closer it gets the sadder I get about it.

Also, with her last ball season comes senior pics, which this is one.  Guys, this is not even one of her best ones.  I had the pleasure of taking her pics and we had so much fun with it.  Editing made me finally realize what everyone has always said, she looks so much like me.  I don't see it in her features so much as in her essence if there is such a thing.  The way she holds herself, walks, tilts her head, etc...  Ok enough before I start crying.

This weekend is Prom....


My Birthday was yesterday (I am 37 before anyone asks) and my sister showed up at my office today with this.  Guys, I can never explain to you how much my sister means to me, there just aren't words.  She has always been everything for me.  Anyway, gosh I am so sentimental today, she got this beautiful necklace for me.  I LOVE IT!  It was the absolute perfect gift for me.  All the charms mean something to me as she picked the perfect ones.  The 2 little girls for my babies, the cross for my faith, the flip flop for my beach summer love affair, Love tag doesn't need to explained, but guys the 45 lb plate!  It has to be my favorite.  It is so unexpected, perfect.


This is something I wanted to share because it has stuck with me over the last week or so:
"Life always gives us
exactly the teacher we need
at every moment.
This includes every mosquito,
every misfortune,
every red light,
every traffic jam,
every obnoxious supervisor
(or employee)
every illness, every loss,
every moment of joy or depression,
every addiction,
every piece of garbage,
every breath.

Every moment is the guru."

~Charlotte Joko Beck~


I promise I will be posting updated pics soon.  Hopefully of my beautifully toned legs after all this leg work I am about to go though.  Heehe.  Well see. 

Oh and before I forget, a friend of mine tagged this on my FB page.  I thought many of you would enjoy:

Umm hummm that's right!


1 comment:

  1. What a great gift from your sister!! And your daughter is gorgeous!

    T.

    ReplyDelete