"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, April 14, 2014

My 38th Birthday Week (April 2nd)

I want to share 38 things that happened, occurred, or affected me during the week of my 38th birthday...

1.  My oldest daughter, Cierra, send me a text March 30th at 11:00pm...."Mama I was just thinking about you tonight and I want you to know how much you mean to me and how great of a role model you are for me and Hannah!  I'm so lucky to be able to call you mom.  I know that me being in college has been really hard on you and Hannah and I cant wait to come home for Summer!  I miss you both so much and can't wait to see y'all soon.  I love you mama have a great day tomorrow I miss you a ton!"

2.  Cashed my payroll check on Monday and tried to deposit it only to find out I had been given a counterfeit $100 bill...

3.  Went grocery shopping Monday night, and was pushing my buggy down an aisle, noticed a lady with her husband and a baby keeping pace with me.  Kinda strange, until she looks over at me and said "I wish my body was 1/2 as nice as yours."  Wow!  :)))

 4.  My buggy.


 
 5.  Applies to so much...
 
6.  Sometimes "old" friends coming back into your life after some time away isn't always a good thing.
 
7.  www.examine.com  (OMG if you haven't seen this site, it is a must have for all fitness related questions and supplement breakdown)
 
8.    Started helping 2nd person with their nutrition.  (I have decided to get off the couch about doing what I love, and put my knowledge to the test)
 
9.  Friendships;  Surround yourself with people that ignite you to do more, that add that spark to your life.
 
10.  Went on my Birthday trail run Tuesday evening.  Only ran 2 miles before the bottoms of my feet were burning so bad and my calves felt like they were going to rip.  Walked back out of the trail.  Honestly even though the run didn't go well at all, I didn't mind so much because Brian and I got to talk more than we ever have. 
 
 Me and my running buddy, Brian.
 
11.  Brian texted me after the run...."I told you I'd take care of you".  He always does when we run together and no matter how badly I screw up a run he still encourages me.  Thank you!
 
12.  Wednesday morning when I went to get Hannah up for school, she started singing Happy Birthday to me as soon as I woke he up....awwwww!
 
13.  For my Birthday Brian wanted to take me to get sushi.  We had a nice lunch and I got this in my fortune cookie....."Be alert for new opportunities"......this seems to already be happening. :)
 
14.  Flo, my office manager makes a Birthday cake for everyone in the office every year.  She knows me so well.  She made it angel food with strawberries to be as healthy as it could be.

 
 
15.  Then the mother of all disappointments happened.....my blender broke Thursday morning.  Thankfully I have a spare Magic Bullet that came to the rescue. 
 
16.  Started helping my 3rd person on their nutrition.  (Word is spreading)
17.  MY BIRTHDAY WORKOUT!!!   Before the workout...

  
OMG prep yourselves for the Mother of all hurts.  There were parts of this I was so pissed off and/or wanted to stop and cry.
 
500 m row
Giant set of for 3 rounds:
Tire flips X 25
Lateral Sq with band X 35/side
Weighted walking lunge X 23/side
Sledge hammer swings X 20
 
then 10 X 10 of
BB Hip Thrusters ss w/
Glider thrusters
 
Then
DB reverse lunge on glider attached to resistance band 1 X 20ea 1 X 20ea 1 X 10ea
Giant se of for 3 rounds:
Low cable rows X 8
Straight arm pressdown X 10
DB row X 8
 
Then core:
Ab wheel 1 X 50
Dec. situps 1 X 50
L leg raises on bench 1 X 100
Russian twist w 10 10lb weights 5 X 20
 
Jason designed it for me he delivered exactly what I asked for, to wipe the gym floor with me.  :)  Thank you!!
 
18.  As I was about to leave the gym I noticed a little girl holding this, a Sugar Glider.  It was the cutest little thing.  The girl holding it was probably 10ish, so you can see how tiny this baby was....
 

 
 
19.  After my B-Day workout, Jason had made plans for dinner.  Knowing I don't like to go out to eat much, he had all the food made by The Kitchen Warehouse.  Salmon, mixed veggies, fruit.  AH-MaZinG!  To top it off he got me a Red Velvet Cupcake from Atwoods Bakery.......Ohhh Myyy!
 

Thank you Jason!
 
20.  My cousin, Priscilla, who I have recently started helping with her diet, sent me this for my B-Day....It is a little barbell....how perfect!  I LOVE it!  Thank you!!


21.  Brian called me Thursday to tell me he was running in a 12 man relay race from New Orleans to Pensacola, 263 miles, and he was going to have the last leg....I can not tell you how impressive this guy is.  He is a BEAST at his sport and I am so thankful he has taken me under his wing to teach me.  Thank you Brian!



22.  Friday night Jason and I went to sprint the hills on one of my trails.  Been wanting to do this for a while, finally fit it into my schedule.  Sprinted up all the hills for 4.5 miles then ran the last .5 mile out.  Loved it.  Was exactly what I had hoped it would be.  This place is so beautiful.


23.  Saturday I had my friend, Ben, come in town for workouts.  I have to say Ben has always said yes to whatever craziness I dream up even though much of it is not his workout style.  We started the day off with an hour and twenty minute yoga session, then at the track:

Jog 1 mile
Run 400m
Run 300m
Run 200m
Sprint (4) 100m
2 Stadiums

Then we went to the pool for:
1- 25m lap
2- 25m laps
3- 25m laps
4- 25m laps
4- 25m laps
3- 25m laps
2- 25m laps
1- 25m lap
Dear sweet baby Jesus!  He is trying to improve my swimming efficiency.  He must have the patience of a saint because I think it may be a lost cause.  Even though I look like a fish out of water, I enjoy every second.  Pushes me WAY out of my comfort zone.  Thank you sir!  :)

24.  "Healthier" biscuits Sunday.....been wanting to do this for a while.  Used gluten free baking flour, coconut oil, and unsweetened almond milk.  (Baking soda and salt)  Was a pleasant surprise, actually good. 

25.  I had my B-Day lunch planned with my mom, sister, and bro in law Sunday.  They were going to come over and make me lunch.  Well they took it a HUGE STEP BEYOND....

My cake......

 
 
May or may not have been my piece.....

Hannah wanted the pig butt...how stinking cute!!
They really could have stopped here and I would have felt like a queen....I had told 2 people that week that neither my mom nor my sister had not asked me what kind of cake I wanted.....well, they know me better than I know me clearly.  I love you guys soooo much!
 
 
26.  As they walked in my Bro in Law, Jeff, kept trying to hand me my BDay card.  I finally took it and once everyone was settled I opened it.  It was a card with $5 inside.  I didn't think anything about the $5 other than, Thank you.  I really only wanted them to make me Jeff's famous Mexican dinner and I was perfectly happy with that.  Well after I opened the card, Jeff went outside and came back in with a flat screen tv.  I teared up.  I have the best sister and bro in law hands down! 
 
27.  My mom made me this:
 
  
OMG!  I LoVe it!  It is so perfect for me. 
My momma might know me a bit, I think. 
 
28.  But you know with all the BIG gifts I got, I was so tickled and maybe more so with this:
 
 
A little black bag to put in my purse.  I started asking for this at Christmas! 
(Santa is a little slow....heehe)
 
29.  With my neck acting back up, Jason brought over his Electrical Stim unit and hooked me up......WHAT!?!?!  An hour and 20 minutes later I was somewhat feeling better.  Now I can hook up anytime.  :)  WHAT WHAT!
 
30.  Don't know about you ladies, but I have little baby hairs that want to poke all over my head when I work out, so I treated myself to 2 new headbands Sunday evening.  ($16/ headband......crazy, but they work)
 
31.  FINALLY getting to catch up on my favorite Bad Boy series Hannibal.  I am in love with that show, so a little Stim and Madds and I was a happy woman! 
 
32.  At 8:45pm Sunday, I realized/remembered I had decided to start a 39 hour fast Monday.  (IF'ing diet with a lot of cleanse and mental toughness mixed in)  Seriously, I had a bit of panic shoot through my body.  I almost had to take a moment of silence...
 
33.  On Monday, my friend/running coach, Brian, brought me my birthday present....meet the latest bad girls of trail running....Saucony Peregrine 4
 
Aren't they smoking hot!!  :)
I broke them in last Friday, a 6 mile trail run. 
They are beast!  Brian kept telling me I needed new shoes,
I really had no clue a shoe would make that
much of a difference.
Thank you Brian!!
 
 
34.  By the end of the week I had 8 people I started working with on their nutrition to help them meet their goals.  Wow!  I am so excited!!
 
35.  This week I was touched many times by the heart of people.  I am humbled and appreciative of all everyone did for me to make this week one of the BEST birthday weeks in a very long time.  Thank you each and every one of you who took time to make me feel special. 
 
36.  A few things I am thankful for:
my job, education, having enough food, being able to run, feeling loved, and the peace of spirit I have developed through my yoga practice.
 
37.  Mastered marinating salmon! (I can check that one off my list)
 
38.  Turning 38 has been a pretty big deal for me.  Mostly because I realized I have either half my life been a child in no control of my life or raising my babies, I had Cierra when I was 19 years old.  With Hannah being a sophomore, I see my role as a parent changing and the possibilities for the next chapter in my life.  I love where I am on my journey.  The 1st 38 years were less than nice for the most part.  I truly feel like I can finally be me now and I am excited to see what the next 38 years will bring.
 
 
Thank all of you who made this one of my best Birthdays ever and for being in my life as you are such a huge blessing to me!  <3 you all!
 
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 


 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: