"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, November 5, 2012

What Have You Done For Me Lately?

My new love affair for arms is tripping to crazy heights.  I read a blog the other day that the author stated she NEVER works arms (nor abs).  She feels these body parts get worked enough in conjunction with other parts and therefore need not be worked solely.  Guys, I almost went in to unfriend/unrequest/ whatever access to her blog.  I am glad I can not remember who it was.  :)  Granted she may be one of the Gifted Godesses that does not really need to ever work that (those) body part(s), but for me, myself, and I will continue on working away.  I LOVE a set of strong arms on a woman.  (Keeping in mind the rest of the body matches- we don't want well defined arms and a muffin top-well you get the picture)  Each body part stands on its on and as a whole for me.  I grade each one separately and then as a group.  For me upper body does come MUCH EASIER than my lower body.  I struggle to keep my lower body even worth mentioning and will continue on with my struggle to the very end.  :)  Lord how I am soooo jealous of you with beautiful legs and glutes! 
So the long and short of my rant today is this:  Ladies, work your arms, do not leave them as an afterthought of some other body part.  Work all your parts, yes some may have to be worked harder than others, but until you achieve perfection (which none of us will ever,as there is no such thing) continue to blast those parts.
Here are some update shots from this morning-My tribute to ladies' arms!




Ignore the kinky hair, I was feeling lazy this morn....

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't have even noticed the kindy hair if you didn't say anything! :)

    Lovin the guns! I go in and out of loving training arms. Usually out if I haven't done it in a while. Haha...
    But COME ON! The nerve. NEVER training arms or abs? That is just cocky and dumb to not continue to train any certain body part. That's a good way to get functionally asymmetrical. I'm with you!

    Hadn't talked to you in a while, hope you're doing good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! Been missing you. I saw your wedding post, wish you would post more of the pics. :) It was beautiful and I liked how you guys took it out of the box. Glad to have you back! :)

      Delete
  2. I love some nice arms! But I do have to say that when I stopped training arms for over a year...I feel like they actually grew. All the pullups, dips and pushups I suppose! And I still don't focus on them much at all. Guess different things work for different people. :)

    ReplyDelete