"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Arms like Erin Stern's

Yesterday's back & bi was quite nice!  I started off with deadlifts and used more weight than I have ever and felt strong for once instead of being worried about my lower back.  During my one arm rows, I worked up to 60lb db and was thinking to myself it would be neat to see just how much I could row.  (I am seriously considering working on olympic moves during my 1st off season....moving big weights makes me happy :0)
I must say here a guy in my gym once told me that figure competitions were won by the girls with the best backs and hams and that he had never seen anyone train their bis like I did.  Well one, I do not think there are many figure competitors in my gym for him to have any experience with and two, he must not have ever seen a figure girl working out weeks from a competition, because every video I watch, those girls have some guns on them.  Maybe he was/is confused about figure vs bikini.  All of that to say, my guns were out in full effect yesterday and momma was proud.  (Let the "men" say what they will, strong arms are sexy in my book)

This morning I did 45 min of cardio and I plan to go to the gym when I get off this evening to do my "boo-tay & ab" workout.  (Harley thinks I have lost it-my mind that is-, but again, who has been watching the vidoes and reading the mags of all the pros (females) and who has not...)  I would rather do more and fall short than not enough and always wonder if I had done more would I have done better.  (Just saying)

On a final note, I want you guys to know I AM LOVING THIS!!!!  For once, I feel completely in my zone and comfortable with what I am doing.  At peace with whatever may happen and looking forward to the adventure more than ever.  Yesterday I told someone, this is my 1st competition, and I have no expectations, but watch out next year because with a fully prepared off season, I plan to be beast!!! 

What do you think her arms look like in the gym when she is pumped?
Gorgeous!!!

1 comment: